Thursday, October 23, 2008

Catfish with Mustard & Cream Sauce

I am not Cajun, myself, but my wife is, and so... I'm adding this here because it sounds delicious & I would like to have some. So... (msg. for my wife) "Dollface! Can i please, please, please have this! It sounds absolutely delicious!" ... so I am sure it will bee scrumptious! Here is what I found...

Ingredients you will need:

- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard (there are many so choosing the Dijon... this where we need to get picky!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 4 Mississippi farm raised catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Chopped parsley (fresh parsley is difficult to find... but just make sure the green color looks fresh)

Now:

1. In a large skillet combine the cream, Dijon, pepper, & catfish. Bring this to a boil & then reduce the heat (10 mins.)
2. Make sure you don't overcook, so when you see the catfish is flaking easily... that's when it's good to remove the catfish from the skillet.
3. Make sure the catfish stays warm.
4. Add lemon juice to the cream mix & heat until it's thick enough.
5. Coat the plate with the sauce, then place the catfish on top.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley & voila! It is ready to serve!

No comments: